National Poetry Day 2013
It’s National Poetry Day 2013 on Thursday 3rd October!
The theme this year is “Water, water everywhere.”
Here are some ideas and resources should you want to incorporate the day into English teaching on the 3rd October.
- Early Years – Splish, splash, splosh!
- KS1 – Edward Lear – The Jumblies.
- KS1 – Handfish and jellyfish. Cut out. Example.
- KS2 – Malika Booker – Views of the Sea
- KS2 – Reading and performance activities
- KS2 – Cut up exercises.
- Year 6 – Similes and metaphors
- Year 6 – Weather imagery
- Year 6 – Top ability ideas
- John Dyer and Joanna Short paintings to use a visual impetus for poetry activities. (Vibrant paintings of coastal views.) http://www.johndyergallery.co.uk/
- More lesson plans and ideas
- Free resources posts and videos to download
- An extensive list of water themed poems.
- Free to use images of water to use as impetus.
- Images of seascapes to use as impetus.
- Free sounds effects of water to use as impetus.
- Water soundscape to use as impetus.
- Stunning film of world’s largest aquarium to use as impetus
- Gulp – a short animation about a fisherman.